Tuesday 9 December 2014

H.C. Editing progress in after effects.

Last week I began work in after effects to create moving graphic text bubbles for our video to improve the narrative. Tom came up with the idea after research from the video 'Down on my luck' by Vic Mensa. We decided as a group to put these effects in to progress our narrative and help to connote meaning and understanding of the narrative events.


This screenshot shows the after effects project I have been working on to create the text bubbles that are used to show our characters communicating and organising the paint fight.

 
To create the movement of the text bubbles in our visuals, I used the motion tracking tool and then applied a null on top of this to create a path on the footage. I then imported the text graphic on top of this footage and put a pickwicket between the null and the image, to aloow the constant movement of the bubble throughout the duration of the footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment